Craziness....Your name is December!-12/11

Nope, didn't post the whole month of December!  I'm only posting now so I remember a few things when I start the crazy cookie train next year.  One, I do not like the combination of mint and chocolate.  I know, I'm weird but Andes mints don't do it for me and sadly, neither do really cute, totally thematic holiday whoopie pies.  The Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies in the December '05 Bon Appetit are beautiful.  They scream Christmas cheer and if you do like the chocolate/ mint combination, by all means, make these!  They just weren't for me.  I want my chocolate rich and warm, the very opposite of a breath mint!
I did find a simple cookie that I want to make again and again and again and I don't even think you have to wait for Christmas.   The Cardamom Crescents in the December '11 Bon Appetit were excellent.  Sadly, my crescent making skills are somewhat lacking as the picture shows but do not be deterred.  These cookies had a wonderful warm spice taste (I obviously like "warm" in my cookies.) and the pecans added depth to the flour base.  I found myself eating these cookies in the morning as well as they were not too sweet and heavy.                                                    I didn't get a picture of the Chewy Ginger Cookies, also from the Dec '11 issue of BA but these were also a great simple cookie.  The addition of raw ginger, ginger powder, and crystallized ginger made them delightfully spiced and a quick roll of the dough in raw sugar made every cookie look great.  These cookies were my go-to cookie for exchanges this holiday season.  They were quick to make, looked good, and every one loves ginger cookies at Christmastime. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

Thank you, Blue Apron!