An Ode to the Beatles-7/7/10

If you ever want to have a thematic dinner for the Beatles The White Album, I think I've found your menu.  My grandmother used to talk about the importance of color on each plate and I failed to heed her message on this one.  Tonight's meal was good, just a bit too monochromatic.  For dinner, I made the Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Thai Coconut Sauce and the Creamy Cilantro-Lime Slaw.  As you can see from the picture, the Thai coconut sauce was bit runny but it was very good and a great addition to not only the fish but the rice as well.   Mahi-mahi is a pretty mild fish and this sauce had some wonderful flavors that complimented without overpowering the fish.  The slaw had an Asian flare (or Mexican, depending on how you looked at it) so it paired well with the fish.  The crunch of the slaw and the mild heat of the chile worked well also.  I guess it's not a very British menu for the Beatles but they traveled the world.  I'm sure they loved Asian food too.

Grilled Mahi-Mahi with Thai Coconut Sauce-A-
Creamy Cilantro-Lime Slaw-B+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

Can you say "Tsatsiki"?- 3/12/09