My Daughter is a Cannibal-5/18/10

This title is not exactly appropriate for a food blog but I have to get this off my chest. I know Eyrleigh is not perfect but I can't tell you how very upsetting it was to me to see that she bit her little friend, Joanie. Worse, I didn't see it happen and only noticed a bite mark when I was telling Joanie's mom about another booboo she gave herself. I felt terrible that I hadn't even noticed what Eyrleigh had done. Thanks for listening. Some days, cooking just takes a backseat to the dramas of parenthood. I made a meal from Food and Wine but I don't have the energy and creativity to come up with any other blog topic. It was just the kind of day that makes you cringe.
I really love Indian food but tonight's variations from this month's Food and Wine were a bit bland for my taste. I baked the Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken Drumsticks in the oven. The recipe even allowed for it but I think grilling would have really improved the flavor of this dish. The smoke would have added a good note to the mild yogurt marinade. The yogurt sauce with the next recipe really helped out this main dish too.
The Curried Cauliflower and Green Been Salad with Lemon Yogurt was a very good roasted vegetable dish. I would have liked a bit more spice but the vegetables were very good as written. I eliminated the bread and I don't think I missed anything. It just seemed extra and not essential. It may have added some crunch but I didn't want the oil. The yogurt sauce was a basic riata and added to both the salad and the chicken.
Grilled Tandoori-Style Chicken Drumsticks-C
Curried Cauliflower and Green Bean Salad with Lemon Yogurt-A-

Comments

SLW said…
Come to NYC! We will have some tasty food in little India!

Popular posts from this blog

Comfort Food for a Rainy Day-2/4/10

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Am Benedict Arnold-5/3/10