Out With a Fizzle-3/31/10

If the saying goes "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb", my blog would be more like "March came in like a whisper and went out like a fizzle". Not really a memorable quote but sure true of my month. I missed the first week of the month because I was mourning my brother and finished the month with a bout of sickness and minor surgery that made cooking less than attractive. I'm glad when I began my blog again in February I assured myself that I would not stress out about not finishing every recipe for the month. I fell way short in March. I made only 21 of 53 recipes in this month's Bon Appetit. That's not exactly representative of the issue. My final recipe to review was the Chicken Parmesan Burgers on page 48. As you can see from my picture, I was losing steam as the events of the last few month and their aftermath caught up with my immune system. These burgers were a good use of the traditionally bland ground chicken. This was a great simple weeknight recipe using things found most days in anyone's kitchen. Beyond that I don't feel quite right reviewing the month as a whole when I didn't make even half of the recipes in Bon Appetit but in this case, just trying was a success.

Chicken Parmesan Burgers-B+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

Thank you, Blue Apron!