Elvis Sighting-4/3/10

To the chagrin of many a Southerner, I don't know much about "The King". I couldn't name more than a song or two he sang and aside from knowing he had a daughter who married the other King of Pop, I am very unclear of the details of Elvis' life. But even I knew he loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I had a birthday party to attend tonight and didn't want to arrive empty-handed. I whipped up a quick batch of the Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting on page 110 of this month's Bon Appetit. Unfortunately, my culinary connection was lost on the birthday boy, who like me was too young to remember Elvis in his heyday. The cupcakes were really good and the combination worked. They felt a bit healthier than traditional cupcakes, though I doubt they were. The peanut butter flavor and the complexity of the banana muffin were a great twist on the often cloying cupcake. There was a bit more frosting than necessary but if you like peanut butter and frosting, this was a good thing.

Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comfort Food for a Rainy Day-2/4/10

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Am Benedict Arnold-5/3/10