This Is Not June-8/13/09

I have been doing this Gourmet project since February. That means I have made the recipes in Gourmet magazine for almost 6 months. That's pretty impressive. My only blip was the month I traveled 26 out of 30 days, June. If you've read older posts, you noticed I did get 5 recipes done in the 4 days I was home in June but I still had over 50 recipes from that issue undone. Well, call me crazy, but I'd really like to make those recipes before I close the door on this project. I'll have to fit those recipes in around the current month's so I need to be creative. Several weeks ago, some friends from church had a baby and I promised to make them dinner. I didn't want to try out an unknown recipe for dinner but thought a Gourmet dessert would cap off my "gift" dinner well. This sounds a little sneaky but I knew I'd have to try the cake so I decided I would cut the corners off the cake and put it on a disposable plate. I could tell them I didn't want them to have to worry about returning my pan (which would be true) and try the cake without looking totally tacky. Well, I shouldn't have worried. The raspberries sunk to the bottom and made the cake stick to the pan. It broke apart coming out of the pan so I had to cut it anyway so it didn't look stupid. I tried the broken part. (Notice the carefully placed ice cream in the above picture:)
The Raspberry Buttermilk Cake, one of only 4 desserts in June's issue of Gourmet, was pretty good. As I mentioned the raspberries sunk to the bottom and made the cake stick but it was a moist and simple cake. A good one to share with others.
Raspberry Buttermilk Cake-B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

Can you say "Tsatsiki"?- 3/12/09