Putting It All Together-8/6/09

It's been a long time since I've posted just one picture. But don't worry, I made more than one recipe. I made two recipes but since spaghetti and meatballs go together, I put them together for a great dinner.
I've tried a few times to make my own tomato sauce but I've never been that impressed with the results. The Garlic Tomato Sauce on page 41 of this month's Gourmet, however, exceeded my expectations. With only 4 ingredients I was thinking this sauce was going to be bland. Happily, I was wrong. The long simmer and lots of garlic did the trick. This sauce was simple and very flavorful. I think I've found a keeper!
Spaghetti and meatballs are one of the most classic of food combinations so I had to oblige. I made the Baked Chicken Meatballs with Peperonata. The peperonata was actually designed to go alongside the meatballs but I cut them up and put them in with the tomato sauce for an added dimension. The peperonata was basically roasted peppers. The ground chicken meatballs got jazzed up with a little pancetta and onion and these additions were great. Richard asked several time if these were really chicken and suggested that these meatballs also be added to the regular circulation. I agreed. They were flavorful and healthy and another keeper!

Tomato Garlic Sauce-A

Baked Chicken Meatballs with Peperonata-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

Can you say "Tsatsiki"?- 3/12/09