My Waffle House

I debated pasting a graphic of the iconic Waffle House sign on the top of this post but since it's iconic, you don't really need to see it to know what I mean. I live in Georgia, the home of the Waffle House empire. In fact, several years ago, a girl on my tennis team worked there. When she first told me, I must have looked unimpressed because she quickly added that she worked at the corporate offices. She obviously did not want me to think she was a waitress there. I personally think those Waffle House waitresses have amazing memories so I really meant no disrespect at all.
In the You Asked For It section of this month's Gourmet was a recipe for Cornmeal Waffles. The reader was incredibly impressed by the waffles at Brown Sugar Kitchen in Oakland, California. I personally was not. I found them grainy and too savory for my liking. In their defense, I don't have a Belgian-waffle maker, just a standard one but that probably wouldn't have changed the flavor much, just the lightness. Lots of maple syrup can improve any waffle, though. Even the ones at Waffle House.

Cornmeal Waffles-C

Comments

SLW said…
Mmmmmmm Waffle House!!

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

Can you say "Tsatsiki"?- 3/12/09