8 Years...And He Still Eats What I Cook-8/10/09

Tomorrow, Richard and I will have been married 8 years. What a guy! Over that time, I've fed him all kinds of stuff, some better than others. Both he and I remember the worsts more vividly than the bests. The two he mentioned first were from cooking magazines, one from this project. Several years back, one of my cooking magazines had a Scandinavian menu with a pickled herring appetizer. The whole meal was pretty bad, but pickled herring quickly made it to Richard's least favorite food list. He also mentioned another recipe, the Borscht Horseradish Terrine I made on February 20 of this year. I listed it as one of my real bombs during my Gourmet project. He didn't name any favorites but assured me he's had lots over the years. I'll take his word for it and keep trying to find a recipe so good he'll never forget it.
Tonight's recipes didn't make the all-time favorites list but they were both quite respectable. For dinner, I made the Pork Chops Saltimbocca with Sauteed Spinach on page 60 of this month's Gourmet. These chops were stuffed with prosciutto, Italian Fontina, and sage. They were simple and very good.
For dessert, I made the Stone Fruit Tea Cake on page 39. This recipe was from the Gourmet Cookbook Club selection, Rustic Fruit Desserts, by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson. This cake was a great use for all those peaches and plums that go on sale this time of year. This cake was not overly sweet and the center of fruit kept it moist. It would work as a brunch cake just as well as an after dinner dessert. It looked great too, almost cute by cake standards. These recipes were keepers, kind of like my husband!
Pork Chops Saltimbocca with Sauteed Spinach-A-
Stone Fruit Tea Cake-A-

Comments

SLW said…
I remember when Richard made a garlic herbed stuffed chicken. It was quite impressive.

Popular posts from this blog

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10