Don't Drop Kiwi Sorbet On Your Head-7/27/09

Nope, if you can possibly help it, do not drop kiwi sorbet on your head, particularly if it is still in liquid form. There was some television show in the 80's that regularly dumped green slime on its host and audience members and I can confirm that unfrozen kiwi sorbet would be an excellent substitute. Let me explain. I was making tonight's dessert, the Kiwi Sorbet on page 52 of July's Gourmet, and I put it into the freezer for a quick chill before putting it in the ice cream maker. I needed to dig into a lower drawer in the freezer to get out the frozen bucket for the ice cream maker and I must have jostled the rather precarious bowl of unfrozen sorbet. It fell right on my head before flipping over and landing right side up on the floor. Thankfully, only about half of the liquid fell out so I simply put what was left into the ice cream maker. The rest I washed out of my hair or wiped of the side of the freezer or the floor. I should have taken a picture but I didn't want it drying in my hair so I prioritized taking a shower. The remaining sorbet was excellent. With just kiwi and sugar, this was a very simple dessert that tasted just like it should have, kiwis.
For dinner, I made the Thyme-Rubbed Lamb Chops on page 48 and though good, they were nothing outstanding. I like lamb but I didn't think the rub really added anything flavorwise to the lamb.
As a side, I made the Provencal Bok Choy. Again, this was a good dish but nothing outstanding. The bok choy retained its crunch and the vegetables added nice flavor but I thought this dish tasted much like other dishes made with Swiss Chard or another similar cabbage.

Kiwi Sorbet-A

Thyme Rubbed Lamb Loin Chops-C

Provencal Bok Choy-B

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10