Starting Fires- 3/24/09

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. This is tonight's recipe in a leftover dish. But don't blame me for forgetting to take a picture. I was still a little rattled from the small kitchen fire. Yep! I put my steak on the little indoor grill that we got as a wedding gift in '01 and it promply burst into flames. Actually, the oil and grease in the grill pan caught on fire so I immediately unplugged the grill, made sure the fire stopped, and Eyrleigh and I got out of the kitchen. Unfortunately, the smoke alarm went off. I had to put Eyrleigh down to get on a chair to pull out the battery and she really freaked out between the noise and smoke. Everything turned out fine and I even used the same grill pan, outside, to finish grilling the steak and peppers. I did throw the grill pan out though. The piece that holds the element up had broken a long time ago and the element sat on the grease pan. That's probably what caused the grease to flame up so quickly.
Tonight, I eventually made the Grilled Steak and Peppers Vinaigrette on page 48 on this month's Gourmet. This dish was good but not outstanding. I thought the bed of leeks was very salty. The leeks didn't really add anything to the taste of the steak or peppers. The steak and peppers were good but again, the vinaigrette made them too salty. Thankfully, the steak was not burnt!

Grilled Steak and Peppers Vinaigrette- C
Total Cost-$23.45
Calories per serving-1,060 (Reduce vinaigrette to reduce this #)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10