Perfect Timing- 3/18/09

When I wrote out my menu at the beginning of March, I had no idea how perfect tonight's dish would be. It rained on Sunday and my tennis match was cancelled and rescheduled for tonight at 5:30. Richard gets home around 5:00 so that gave us a really small window for dinner. The Monte Cubano on page 51 was a perfect fit. Basically a sandwich with some additions, it took no time at all to make. The garlic mayonnaise and pickles were great additions to the sandwich and the frying in egg batter made it a melty, crusty dinner time sandwich for a busy family, exactly what we were tonight.

Monte Cubano: Flavor Grade A-
Approximate Total Cost: $4.00

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10