Memories of India- 3/5/09

In January of 1995, I traveled to India with a group of students from my college. It was a month-long tour of Bombay (now Mumbai), Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, and Goa. We were ostensibly studying the history of the country but mostly we visited the sites and ate Indian food. I loved all of it but mostly the food. I had had Indian food before but not every day. Some might wonder if you could get tired of Indian food day after day for a month. As Americans, we are used to a large variety of foods. You can easily eat Italian one night and the next night, go out for Vietnamese. I love that about our country but I loved focusing on one cuisine as well. Indian food has such great variety of flavors and styles. Everthing from curries to chutneys, from cooking styles like Tandoori and Tikka, define Indian cuisine.
Tonight's recipe, Chicken Key Lime Curry on page 110, used the popular Indian spice and is one of the 5 recipes in this issue that incorporates key limes. The onion-ginger paste mixed up well in the food processor and made a wonderful curry sauce that covered the chicken well. It was an easy recipe to make with very little chopping. I used a very mild curry, I would have liked it a little spicier but all in all, a very good dish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10