Should I blow dry the beans? -2/8/09

Finding a good veggie burger is tough, finding a good one that a home cook can make quickly is even tougher, obviously. The recipe for Black-Bean Burgers on page 59 looked easy and I had tennis today so I didn't have a lot of time to cook. It was easy, it was good, but it was mush! The burgers did not hold together at all! I know I must have done something different than they did in the Gourmet test kitchen. Here are some possiblities. I used fresh bread crumbs, but does dry bread crumbs mean I should have dried them out in the oven? Also, I rinsed and drained the beans but was the water remaining on the beans after a quick drain enough to make them too wet to hold together? That's the tough thing about translating cooking mag recipes, little things like that can make a real difference in the way a recipe turns out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10