The First Recipes of February- 2/6/09

Before I thought of the idea to blog about my results from Gourmet recipes for this February, I already made 2 things from this issue. I made the Steak and Vegetable Soup on page 61 and the Buttermilk Fantails on page 86. Honestly, the Steak and Vegetable Soup was good but not spectacular. As babyfood though, Eyrleigh loved it. The kale was too strong for her but straining out the broth and giving her the pieces made for dinner and lunch for her for several days. The Buttermilk Fantails are excellent, though make sure you have time to let them rise the maximum. I am sure they have a great warm place to rise bread in the test kitchen for the magazine but in my kitchen, it rose very slowly. Would I make them again? Fantails, yes, though I need to let them rise the max or more! The Steak and Vegetable Soup was pretty normal, I'd love to find another similiar recipe with a little more flavor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10