The Short Version-9/29/09

Today was pretty busy, not bad busy, but busy so I'm doing the short version of the blog. Here's what I made and here's how it tastes. Short and sweet. Tonight I made the Black-Pepper Salmon with Dill Smashed Potatoes on page 61 on June's Gourmet. (I've finished all of September so I'm going back to June to finish a few more of those.) I accompanied this main with the Grilled Tarragon Asparagus on page 16, also from June. Again, I was busy and so I simply put a tablespoon of whole peppercorns in a baggie and smashed them. It's much quicker that using a grinder and leaves the pieces big enough to look cool. This dish was a simple and good preparation of salmon and potatoes. The fresh dill added great flavor and made the dish a yummy weekday main. The asparagus was also very good. Much of the tarragon fell off while grilling or in the marinade but there was still enough to add flavor. Again, this was a good quick weekday meal for any family.

Black-Pepper Salmon with Dill Smashed Potatoes-B+

Grilled Tarragon Asparagus-B+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hambrick's-Party of Four!-8/1/11

I Don't Boil Lobsters...July in Review-7/31/09

He Even Eats Sardines-8/24/10